IF I HAD A PONY: Animal Activity Songs
by Sarah Barchas (December, 1996)
Performed by Sarah Barchas and the De Colores Chorus
The De Colores Chorus members are: Stephanie Comfort, Julio Espinoza, Taylor King, Adilene Moreno, Anita Natividad, Natasha Page, Daniella Patterson, Amanda Peña, Bianca SantaMaria, Jacqueline SantaMaria, Luis SantaMaria, Mara SantaMaria, Tiffany SantaMaria, Lupe Urquides, and Victoria Yescas.
Illustrations by Elizabeth Gething
HHM 107C - Cassette and Read-along Book (ISBN 0-9632621-7-3) - $12.95
HHM 107D - CD and Read-along Book (ISBN: 0-9632621-8-1) - $15.98
Released in December of 1996, this recording contains 24 exhilarating traditional, adapted, and original songs about animals, inviting activity, movement, and creative participation by children. Child-tested, with enthusiastic children's chorus, the songs include over 70 animals of farm, zoo, circus, pets, wild animals, habitat, and dinosaurs. Intended for ages 4-8 and above for ESL, this recording is accompanied by a charming illustrated 36 page illustrated lyrics book. It provides sing-along, read-along fun for childhood and ESL.
SONGS BY BAND NUMBER ALPHABETICAL LIST OF SONGS
REVIEWS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Booklist 06/01/97: "These 24 songs performed by Sarah Barchas and the De Colores Children's Chorus are full of energy and opportunities for children to sing along and make lots of animal noises."
Parent Council, Summer, 1997: "This combination offers 24 enjoyable songs…easy to learn and use."
Charlotte Parent / Our Kids and Teens, March, 1997: "This collection is…full of vitality…invite child participation in movement, activity, imagination, and sing-along fun…Appropriate for children of any age."
School Library Journal, October, 1997
SONGS BY BAND NUMBER
Band Song Time Origin
01. If I Had a Pony 2:16 Original
02. Millions and Millions of Years Ago 2:25 Original
03. Jump Like a Kangaroo 2:48 Original
04. A World of Colors 1:40 Original
05. Five Little Monkeys 1:19 Traditional Words/Original Music
06. At the Circus 2:31 Original
07. When a Big Fat Hippopotamus is Yawning 2:52 Original
08. Raccoon's Tail 0:43 Traditional Words/Original Music
09. A Puppy 2:15 Original
10. A Kitten 1:55 Original
11. Pop Goes the Weasel 0:39 Traditional Folk Song
12. The Green Leaves Grew All Around 3:07 Traditional Folk Song
13. Hundreds of Chicks 1:30 Original
14. With a Wiggle and a Hiss 1:19 Original
15. My Farm 3:27 Traditional / Adaptation*
16. Little Chicks 1:34 Traditional / Adaptation*
17. Turkey in the Straw 2:14 Traditional Folk Song
18. Stop at the Pet Shop 2:08 Original
19. Why Did You Follow Me? 2:16 Original
20. Walking in the Woods 2:20 Original
21. Down by the Bay 1:27 Traditional /Adaptation**
22. Rattle, Rattle, Rattle, and a Shake, Shake, Shake 1:37 Original
23. What Happened to the Dinosaurs? 2:41 Original
24. I Had a Rooster 3:04 Traditional Folk Song
* Translations / Adaptations by Sarah Barchas.
"My Farm" is based on the Latin American children's folksong "Mi Granja"
"Little Chicks" is based on the Latin American children's folksong " Los Pollitos"
** "Down by the Bay" is based on a traditional children's folksong with adapted verses by Sarah Barchas and students from Hollinger School
ALPHABETICAL LIST OF SONGS
A World of Colors
At the Circus
Down by the Bay
Five Little Monkeys
Hundreds of Chicks
I Had a Rooster
If I Had a Pony
Jump Like a Kangaroo
Millions and Millions of Years Ago
Pop Goes the Weasel
Rattle, Rattle, Rattle, and a Shake, Shake, Shake
Stop at the Pet Shop
The Green Leaves Grew All Around
Turkey in the Straw
Walking in the Woods
What Happened to the Dinosaurs?
When a Big Fat Hippopotamus is Yawning
Why Did You Follow Me?
With a Wiggle and a Hiss
Sound Recording (p) © 1996 High Haven Music (ASCAP)
Song collection © 1996 High Haven Music
Illustrations © 1996 High Haven Music
Back to Home Page ORDER NOW
Rev 7.5 Last modified 01/18/2009